Used Flooring Types
In this economy everyone is trying to cut costs. There is a huge
surplus of used flooring on the market right now so the savings are
huge compared to buying new flooring. Used flooring qualifies for 100%
LEEDS credits and the tax breaks that go with it. Architects win
awards by how "green" they can get with LEEDS. It's always available
immediately for fast track projects and you can examine it before you
buy it. The freight is usually less as it's often closer than the new
floor factories are. Used flooring comes in a number of different
- As-is flooring: This is the least expensive. You get it in the same condition we get it.
- Pre-owned: An example of this is bare general office flooring that's had carpet squares over it it's whole life. The floor is identical to new as it's never been walked on. Only the carpet squares were and they have been discarded. Once you glue down the first pedestal on a new floors it becomes used anyway.
- Relaminated panels: If you take older panels and put new laminate on them they look brand new when installed.
- Job surplus panels: These are brand new panels that were left-over from a job.
- Renovated panels: These floors are used but they have been cleaned. The bad panels were thrown away. They often look close to brand new since laminate cleans up so easily.
Raised Floor Museum
Since we've been in business so long we decided many years ago to
collect every sample of floor and understructure and it's
corresponding literature so we
could identify all floors made. We have dozens of shelves full of
samples. Every floor dealer in the US knows we have the
specifications and samples of almost every floor made since 1950. Each
day we get calls from floor dealers asking for information so they can
match panels or find substitutions, find out floor loadings, etc.
It's a free service.
Raised Floor Library
Our raised floor library covers many years and brands. We have
dozens of shelves like this full of old literature. This is why NO one
can find replacement panels better or faster than we can, thanks to
years of collecting and cataloging all the floors ever made. We
currently have information on the following floors:
- G and H
- Floating Floors
- and many others
We keep between 100,000 and 200,000 square feet of used flooring in stock
in our Ohio warehouse at all
times. If you need a price quotation for used flooring,
please contact us and we will
send you a form containing questions concerning your requirements. Please
complete the answers on the form, return it to us via fax or email, and we
will have you a price quotation returned to you the same day.
If you have a computer room now and you just need some
replacement laminated panels we can help. No order is too small. Most older floors are obsolete and most floor panels only fit on their original pedestals so we have to identify exactly what you have so we can find panels that will perfectly match.
To do this we need close-up pictures of:
- The top of a panel showing the color of the laminate and the trim-edge.
- The side of a panel showing any factory markings.
- The corner of a panel.
- The bottom of a panel.
- The pedestals and stringers (take up 4 panels).
We also need to know if the laminate is 1/16" or 1/8" thick. Look at a cut panel and measure the laminate sheet that's glued to the top of the panel.
We also need to know what type of panels you have: hollow steel, cement-filled, wood core or aluminum, etc. If the panels are only 23 5/8" across you have metric panels.
Imperial sized panels are 24". Specify that. Also let us know how many panels you need. The more you buy the less each one costs. We are rarely undersold.
Having good floor materials is nice but it's always the installation
that makes the job. Leveling and cutting
floors is not easy, especially as there are always
deadlines to meet. Any craftsman can tell you it
takes years of experience to do any job right. There are dozens of
skills that must be mastered. Since 1984 we've installed over 5000
floors totaling many millions of square feet. That's experience.
We have put in floors all over the world. We'll go anywhere. No job
is too small.
Include your address so we can calculate the freight costs. Let us know if you have a truck dock or you need a lift-gate delivery. Note also if you need a phone call 24 hours before delivery and the person's name who will receive it or if there are any other special freight instructions.
Copyright Pati Access Floors 2012, All Rights Reserved
Trademarks and product names are the property of their owners.